Language is our primary source of communication. It’s the method through which we share our ideas and thoughts with others. Some people even say that language is what separates us from animals and makes us human.
The following are a few of the most common reasons why people around the globe opt for spoken English.
- People who speak English fluently have more job opportunities. Businesses need employees who can communicate effortlessly with English-speaking partners and clients. In addition, entrepreneurs can access a far wider range of customers online by using English. In the U.S. or other English-speaking countries, people who can’t speak English are at a real economic disadvantage.
- Since English is the language of science and technology, English speakers have more opportunities to work with others in these fields and to share ideas and innovations.
- When their children are learning English in school, parents who speak English are in a better position to help and even communicate with their children. Children who are studying in an English-speaking school, grow up speaking better English than in their native language.
- Being able to make a good English conversation makes it easier to travel. Because English is spoken as a first or second language in so many different countries, it is always easy to find English speakers as well as printed information in English, especially at hotels and in areas frequented by tourists.
- The English language gives students access to information and research. Since many of the top academic journals are published in English, students and academics need strong English reading and writing skills. Moreover, for a research study or other publication to get sufficient attention, it should be published in English.
- English is also the language of the Internet. Many websites are written in English – you will be able to understand them and to take part in forums and discussions.
- English is based on a simple alphabet and it is fairly quick and easy to learn compared to other languages.
- English is not only useful – it gives you a lot of satisfaction. Making progress feels great. You will enjoy learning English if you remember that every hour you spend gets you closer to perfection.